We are looking to hire an experienced senior software developer to help build our next generation platform.
We are a data / marketing communications company which serves the automotive industry. Have you recently received a notice regarding a recall on your vehicle? That was most likely from us. We fill a need within the industry to provide communications to those who are in possession of vehicles which have an open recall or a service campaign. Our objective is to assist the customer in connecting with a dealership to have their recall repaired and ensure they are driving a safe vehicle. While recalls are becoming more prevalent, it’s not as easy as you think.
In this role, you will be responsible for partnering with the Product and Sales organizations to understand the business needs and recommend the best solutions. You will then be responsible for developing and implementing features and capabilities into the new platform. You will also be required to support and maintain existing software systems, along with mentoring junior team members.
To ensure success as a senior software developer, you should have an in-depth knowledge within these primary areas.
- Marketing Communications within the Automotive industry.
- Advance software development programming languages.
- Outstanding project management skills.
- Meeting with Product Management to discuss software requirements and solutions.
- Conducting feasibility studies for upgraded software systems.
- Designing new software features, and applications.
- Assigning tasks to junior developers such as coding, testing, debugging, and analytics.
- Writing advanced programming code.
- Reviewing updated software systems.
- Managing project timelines and tasks.
- Writing development reports.
- Creating technical documents for new software programs.
- Training staff on software use.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer engineering or computer science.
- 5 years previous experience as a software programmer.
- Managerial experience preferred.
- Experience creating and maintaining databases.
- Experience working with Agile development technologies.
- Advanced project management skills.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Advanced knowledge of programming languages including:
- Python 3
- Microservices architecture